With spring upon us, this is a great time to get your car washed to get rid of the winter grime. When you clean your car, you should pay special attention to your auto glass.
- Put your car outside to clean it, or if you are in a garage open your windows so that you are not breathing in any fumes.
- Find a glass cleaner that does not contain alcohol or ammonia. These chemicals can damage the tint on your auto glass. Also, cleaners with these chemicals can be damaging to leather and interior fabrics. When you use the cleaner on the inside of your car windows, you want a cleaner that can drip off them without damaging your interior.
- Find a glass-cleaning, microfiber towel. These types of towels do not leave streaks easily, and do not scratch the auto glass.
- Use long strokes to reduce the chance of leaving any streaks.
- If you are cleaning your car outside, try to stay out of direct sunlight. This can cause your glass to dry faster than you are cleaning it. You might end up leaving stains where the cleaner dries.